Join us for the Winterfaire Grand Tour, through January 5, 2009 in Second Life
Festive holidays are upon us, Second Life is experiencing widespread snowfall, and Residents are decorating and celebrating. While our individual cultural traditions are diverse, Residents have created their own, homegrown fun, throughout our shared virtual world. It’s a cheerful sight to see so much gleaming snow, with delicate snowflakes falling….
Here’s a recap and look at what’s ahead!
Winterfaire runs until Jan. 5, 2009, and along with the many Resident-built and hosted locations and events to keep you busy and having fun all around Second Life, we’ve also got some delightful Linden-hosted events for you to join in as well. Click here for details on our:
- Showcase Hot Spots! Daily updates through January 2nd
- Snowman Building Contest, Dec 23rd, 11 AM-1 PM at Rainier on the Teen Grid!
- Don’t Miss It! Residents vs. Lindens Snowball Fight, Dec 23rd and 24th
Look for your favorite Linden targets at the annual Residents vs. Lindens Snowball Fight in the following regions: Egan, Hatton, Moritz, and Prancer. December 23rd Noon til 10pm and December 24th, Noon til 7pm.
24-Hour Music Festival, Dec 27th!
That’s right, there’s fun around the clock @ I-World Island on December 27, midnight to midnight PST. A talented lineup of Resident musicians & DJs will be present to perform with the holiday spirit. Mark your calendar so you can come join us center stage and pack the house!
Share your snapshots!
Upload your winter joys from Second Life — and don’t forget the SLurls! – to our special Winterfaire Flickr group. You’ll need a free Flickr account (1,000s of Resis have already joined Flickr), and after we’ve assured your photos are indeed of family-friendly thematic awesomeness, they’ll be visible to all.
For some tips on inworld photography, see my guide.
More wintertastic experiences!
- Our Holiday Marketplace has opened up for you to visit, in Dasher, Prancer, Donner and Blitzen, carrying with it not just good cheer but the spirit of consumerism! Stock up on skis, trees, skates, and other gear to get you going.
- Keep checking the Winterfaire Flickr group, for there’ll be SLURLs, easy-to-share links to SL locations you can get to in a couple clicks.
- Spread the word — bring your friends and share the eggnog and the laughter as you explore and participate in Winterfaire in Second Life!
Come join us for Winterfaire… only in Second Life!