Today we are releasing a new Release Candidate, 1.20 RC14. If you have already been using the Release Candidate (RC13), you will be required to update to RC14 with the latest bug fixes. But, the Release Candidate is always an optional series of viewers that you may choose not to use — or use side by side on your computer with the main viewer offered on our Downloads page (and at get.secondlife.com).
This RC14 includes a few last polishes to the Classic and Silver skins, as reported broken in the previous iteration. We have also resolved a few outstanding behavior issues to Snapshots, and to Unmuting a muted Resident (VWR-1735)…. These were small features that were introduced along the way in RC7, but needed more complete thinking and revision based on your feedback in the Issue Tracker. In RC14, these now behave logically/as expected for those features.
We expect this to be the final Release Candidate in the 1.20 viewer series, barring any Showstoppers that you may find. Please of course continue to report any new issues (large or small) in the Issue Tracker, and be sure to set “Affects Version/s” to “1.20 Release Candidate”.
- When this version 1.20 becomes an official version of the Second Life viewer, it will NOT be a mandatory upgrade; you will still be able to log in with the current viewer 22.214.171.124 or the earlier 126.96.36.199 version. (Those versions will simply let you know that a new 1.20 version is available, if you wish to download.)
To get started with this RC14 viewer, visit the Test Viewers download page (NOTE: use the links at bottom of page, under Test Viewers).
Fixes in 1.20 RC14:
* Moved the Preferences > Skins tab to the bottom of the list of preferences tabs.
* Fixed: VWR-7353: Auto-snapshot should not be tied to Freeze Frame (full screen preview) when taking a picture in Snapshots
* Fixed: VWR-7344: “Shutter sound” should not play every time Snapshot Preview window opens or when a setting is modified
* Fixed: VWR-7389: String is missing when opening an IM window to a muted resident (string that the resident is currently muted)
* Fixed: VWR-7510: Muted resident is unmuted if he/she initiates a Group chat
* Fixed: The upgrade from RC12 to the new RC leaves the old /skins/html and /skins/xui files on the hard drive
* Fixed: Grid selection on the login screen is not set, unless you hit return
* Fixed: A new debug setting “TutorialURL” to change the URL used by the Tutorial window
* Fixed: The list on Preferences>Popups is right justified on the Mac PowerPC
* Fixed: Enlarge the browser tutorial window slightly
* Fixed: Some dropdown selection boxes are clipped
* Fixed: All HTML floaters have Dazzle scrollbar art
* Fixed: some text overlaps in Buy Land floater in Portuguese
* Fixed: add final translations for Preferences>Skins options in German, Japanese, Korean
* Fixed: Update the viewer credits in About>Second Life…
IMPORTANT: Known Issues with RC14:
- It is a Known Issue that this Release Candidate will not run successfully on a Mac PowerPC that has the operating system OS X 10.3.9. It will only run on PPC hardware if you have Mac OS X 10.4.11 or higher.
- The current viewer, version 1.19.1, still supports the Mac PowerPC that is running Mac OS X 10.3.9. Katt Linden has been gathering feedback about continuing our support for this Mac operating system in future releases of Second Life.
* * *
A final, HUGE thanks to all of you who participated in this extended-length RC cycle — those who downloaded & tested, posted reproducible steps and system environments, responded to questions, and clarified and linked. Your help to improve the new Second Life viewer is greatly, greatly appreciated! I hope the improved stability of this viewer, and major bug fixes that we accomplished with your help, make this the best viewer so far to experience Second Life.