The Mono regions on the preview grid were updated with new software yesterday that resolves the following issues:
* Restored memory limiting for Mono scripts
* SVC-2439 key to string conversion causes script to fail silently
* SVC-2366 Recompiling objects with 50+ scripts will fail to set the Mono and Run status on the script.
* SVC-2254 Script error when crossing region boundaries with scripts that are ‘missing from database’
* SVC-1447 llGetFreeMemory() can return negative result
* SVC-2447 at_target and at_rot_target falsely report already defined in scope and fail to compile in MONO or LSL VM on MONO sim
* SVC-2403 Full recompile of an object (Mass Recompile) does not report compile errors to the user
* VWR-6643 Recompile Scripts in Selection -> Mono does not work for group owned (deeded) objects
Please test your new scripts on the preview grid and if you have any problems file a JIRA report here or tell us at the Mono office hours held in Sandbox Goguen MONO on the preview grid on Wednesdays at 8AM and Fridays at 3PM. Please also let us know about your Mono successes – here’s a video of an interactive Mandelbrot set explorer script running on LSL and Mono. The Mono version allows the fractal to be interactively explored while the LSL version takes 50 times longer to generate each image. The music is “Mandelbrot Set” by Jonathan Coulton which is available under the Creative Commons by-nc license.
Thanks again for your continued support throughout the Mono beta process.
UPDATE: The Mono branch picked up a problem during the merge before this refresh which caused simulators to fail to save simstates and then crash on startup. The problem has been fixed, so we’ve remerged and redeployed to the preview grid. No new Mono bugs have been fixed, but this redeploy should greatly increase the stability and availability of the Mono regions on the preview grid.