We are releasing the next iteration of this Release Candidate (RC10) with six new crash fixes. We have also repaired the inability for Mac PowerPC users to log in, and other hardware which failed to login until the second try. Thank you for your patience while we investigated these tough bugs!
We are working on a few additional crash fixes to release to you next week; please expect just one more Release Candidate after today while we focus on any remaining Showstopper issues. Please of course continue to report any new issues in the Issue Tracker and be sure to set “Affects Version/s” to “1.20 Release Candidate”.
Thanks again to all of you who participate in the RC cycle — we have appreciated the great high-quality reports of bugs with reproducible steps and system environments that help us track these down before an official release.
Please visit the Test Viewers download page to download the Second Life 1.20 RC10 Release Candidate viewer.
Feature Note about changes in RC10 to llSetLinkTexture:
- We have iterated on the new constants that were introduced in 1.20 RC7, and have added five texture constants for referencing in llSetLinkTexture:
- TEXTURE_BLANK is the non-transparent blank texture, equivalent to UUID
- TEXTURE_DEFAULT is the default plywood texture, equivalent to UUID
- TEXTURE_PLYWOOD is the default plywood texture, equivalent to UUID
- TEXTURE_TRANSPARENT is a fully transparent texture, equivalent to UUID
- TEXTURE_MEDIA is the default Media texture, equivalent to UUID
- Note: TEXTURE_DEFAULT is a synonym for TEXTURE_PLYWOOD
- Compatibility Note:
- Scripts using these constants will run smoothly in all Second Life viewers, however previous versions of the viewer will NOT be able to edit and recompile scripts using the new constants. Older versions will report “(XX,YY): ERROR : Name not defined within scope” when trying to compile such a script.
- If you are using an older version of the viewer that does not support the TEXTURE_ contants and want to edit and recompile scripts with a TEXTURE_ constant, then you have to revert to the earlier LSL requirement to use the UUID of the texture you want to use.
- The TEXTURE_TRANSPARENT texture will be gray unless you view it with a viewer that supports this transparent texture (viewer 1.20.10 or above).
Changes in RC10:
* Watchdog is disabled in settings for final Release Candidates
* VWR-7315: “TEXTURE_DEFAULT” is a bad constant name (See above – this now refers to Plywood texture)
* Fixed: VWR-7612: PowerPC Mac unexpectedly quits when SL runs
* Possible Fix: VWR-7400 Mac PPC 1.20.8: Unable to connect
* Fixed: VWR-7069: Can’t login to v1.20 RC until the second try (Openssl hangs on first https request)
* Fixed: VWR-7261: pixellation static/rectangle seen nearby avatar imposters
* Fixed: VWR-1715: Macintosh: cyclic short-term freezing of display, getting worse over time: does not respond to commands, eventually change of POV attempt crashes app
* Fixed: VWR-7338: New Texture Constant “TEXTURE_TRANSPARENT” is NOT transparent!
* Fixed: crash on LLSpeakerMgr::findSpeaker
* Fixed: crash on LLAudioData – llaudio/audioengine.cpp
* Fixed: crash on LLGroupNotifyBox::moveToBack
* Fixed: crash on LLPieMenu::show
* Fixed: crash on LLFloaterWorldMap::buildLandmarkIDLists
* Fixed: crash on LLDrawable::destroy
* Fixed: Automatic linux font selection doesn’t override legacy data in config file
* Fixed: viewer sends no grid choice to the web server
* Fixed: Any change to preferences “restores” the viewer window size
* Partial Fix: Repair truncated text in 1.20 localizations
Reminder: Release Candidate viewers are optional viewers that contain the latest round of bug fixes in the upcoming next version of the Second Life viewer. If you have been using the 1.20 (RC9), you will be required to update that installation to this latest version (RC10). But the Release Candidate is always an optional version that you may choose not to use — or better– to have installed side by side on your computer with the main viewer offered on our Downloads page or http://get.secondlife.com.