We are releasing a quick turnaround to this Release Candidate (RC8), to address the issues with new Thread monitoring, buying L$/buying land in the previous iteration. Thanks for the great reporting in the Issue Tracker of the problems you encountered! We are working on additional bug fixes as well for an upcoming version of the Release Candidate.
Please visit the Test Viewers page to download the Second Life 1.20 RC8 Release Candidate viewer.
Fixes in RC8:
* Fixed: VWR-7347: ‘For sale:’ amounts in object Hover Tips show a garbage character
* Fixed: RC7 is unable to buy Linden Dollars
* Fixed: Tuned behavior of thread monitoring (also called watchdog) to deal with extraneous crashing in RC7
* Fixed: Disabled thread monitoring for Mac and linux versions
* Fixed: Fix the premature start of thread watchdog mainloop timeout
IMPORTANT: Known Issues with RC8
- In RC7 and RC8, a rectangular block of “pixel static” is sometimes rendered nearby avatar impostors. We are investigating this issue and expect to fix it in an upcoming version of the Release Candidate.
- The Known Issues from previous RC iterations with camera behavior using the SpaceNavigator in “Flycam” mode, as well as using the SpaceNavigator with Apple’s USB Mighty Mouse on Macs, continue in this Release Candidate.
As always, please continue to report any new issues in the Issue Tracker and be sure to set “Affects Version/s” to “1.20 Release Candidate“.
Reminder: Release Candidate viewers are optional viewers that contain the latest round of bug fixes in the upcoming next version of the Second Life viewer. If you have been using the 1.20 (RC6) or (RC7), you will be required to update that installation to this latest version (RC8). But the Release Candidate is always an optional version that you may choose not to use — or better– to have installed side by side on your computer with the main viewer offered on our Downloads page or http://get.secondlife.com.