As mentioned in the update to my previous post, we found and fixed the cause of the crash on editing appearance (VWR-6792), and fixed a few other potential crashers as well. Second Life 1.20 RC4 has spent the day in QA and is now available for download from the test software page.
Reminder: Release Candidate viewers are optional updates that contain the latest round of bug fixes and/or soon-to-be-released new features. Please try the RC viewers only if you want to participate in the bug reporting process and identify issues before they become the default viewer. You can have both a Release Candidate and the primary viewer installed side by side on your computer, so if issues are encountered when testing the RC viewer you can switch back to the production viewer.
- VWR-6286: changed the method LLControlGroup::loadFromFile to only load values of settings that are persistent
- VWR-6792: Instant Crash on Editing Appearance
- Fixed: Crash in LLFloaterIMPanel when starting conference
- Fixed: Crash on LLVOVolume::sculpt – newview/llvovolume.cpp
- llLoadURL now opens web pages in external browser by default
- On MacBook Air notebooks, only the High Terrain Texture ground texture displays. The other 3 Terrain Textures in the Region/Estate dialog’s Ground Textures tab do not display.
Please continue to report any new issues in the Issue Tracker and be sure to set “Affects Version/s” to “1.20 Release Candidate“.
Thanks for your patience and help in finding/fixing issues!