Happy Friday everyone!
A new 1.20 Release Candidate Viewer (RC2) is now available with fixes based on issues reported in RC0 and RC1. Please visit the test software page to download the Second Life 1.20 (RC2) Release Candidate viewer.
The Linux viewer crashes on startup found in RC1 have been fixed and the Korean, Japanese and German viewer crashes found in RC1 have also been addressed. Source code will be available for download soon.
We’re still working on a complete fix for the Mighty Mouse issue, but in the mean time, if you are experiencing issues, try this:
- From the Edit menu > select Preferences > choose the Input & Camera tab
- Click on ‘Joystick Setup’ button
- Un-check the checkbox ‘Enable Joystick’
One known issue for Mac users, but with a workaround:
- Release Notes launch every time 1.20 RC2 is started on Mac
- To stop this from happening, launch RC2, dismiss the Release Notes, and quit Second Life without logging in
- Release Notes will not appear on the next start of the RC2 viewer
As a reminder: Release Candidate viewers are optional updates that contain the latest round of bug fixes and/or soon-to-be-released new features. Please download the Second Life 1.20 (RC2) Release Candidate viewer only if you’re interested in helping us test these optional viewers.
- Record Movie to Disk option missing intentionally removed (VWR-6315)
- Color changes to improve text contrast in title bar, scroll bar and menu highlight
- Updated disabled button art
- Updated login/teleport progress screen art and colors
- Set the top-level ‘opaque’ parameter to false in menu_viewer.xml
- Fixed: VWR-6576: panel_speaker_controls.xml broken for german, korean, japanese viewers
- Fixed: VWR-6298: Some RC settings don’t persist properly when settings.xml is present
- Fixed: VWR-6265: Various communications preferences arent saved
- Fixed: VWR-3822: ATI crashes on startup when in 16 bit color mode
- Fixed: VWR-6251: Snapshots no longer able to capture the full screen.
- Fixed: VWR-6430: Comment area of “Debug Settings” floater (dialog box) is aligned badly
- Partial Fix: VWR-5080: Dazzle: certain color combinations hard on visually impaired (and the not-visually-impaired)
- Fixed: VWR-6232: Tap-Tap-Hold Running should be an ‘Advanced’ character preference
- Fixed: 2 missing node names in mime_types.xml
- New art for progress bars
- Fixed: Disabled buttons are darker than normal
- Fixed: Better distinguish button-depressed from disabled state
- Fixed: Age Verified Account cannot access plots blocked for age verification
- Fixed: Voice can become totally disabled aftrer using multiple viewers
- Fixed: Korean files floater_buy_object.xml and panel_voice_enable.xml have a leading CRLF before XML declaration
- Fixed: Lag Meter help and close buttons hidden offscreen
- Fixed: can not take hi-res snapshot with size bigger than 4k by 4k.
- Fixed: Eliminate unused xml files in skinsxuien-us and language folders
Please continue to report any new issues in the Issue Tracker. Be sure to set “Affects Version/s” to “1.20 Release Candidate“. Resident participation is always welcome at our weekly (Wednesdays @ 3pm PDT time) inworld bug triages, too!