[UPDATE 2008-04-15, 5:16 pm PDT] Linux viewer crashes fixed!: We’ve fixed the issues that were causing the Linux 1.20 RC1 viewer to crash. Please download the new Linux viewer here. Thanks for your patience!
[UPDATE 2008-04-16, 1:02 pm PDT] Korean, Japanese and German viewer crashes: We have investigated a problem that causes this Release Candidate (1.20 RC1) to crash on startup for foreign languages; this will be fixed in the next Release Candidate (1.20 RC2). To revert to the English version of 1.20 RC1, you can delete the malformed file in the language folder .\ko, \ja, or .\de as appropriate:
[UPDATE 2008-04-15, 3:47 pm PDT] Linux viewer crashes: We’re investigating a problem that causes the Linux 1.20 RC1 to crash on startup. Linux users are encouraged not to upgrade at this time. In order to prevent the viewer from forcing you to download an update, open gridargs.dat in a text editor and edit the text that reads:
secondlife --channel "Second Life Release Candidate"
so that it reads:
secondlife --channel "skipRC1"
We’ll post an update here when a more suitable Linux release candidate exists.
A new 1.20 Release Candidate Viewer is now available with some important fixes and changes.
If you’re interested in helping us test these optional viewers, please visit the test software page to download the Second Life 1.20 (RC1) Release Candidate viewer. Source code will be available for download soon.
- Reminder that the Tools menu now displays in the main menu when editing/creating objects. Click on the Build button or right click and select Create. Existing short cuts (CTL + 1, 2, 3) all still work and will also activate the Tools menu.
- Disabled Avatar Imposters to address suspected cause of increased crashes on nVidia cards
- Allowed disabling of Joystick devices globally and selectively for avatar/build/flycam
- Backed out changes to put the Friends dropdown back on the world map (VWR-6243).
- VWR-6259: SLURL and secondlife:// links open a second SL viewer
- VWR-6392: Voice Chat Setup doesn’t work in Preferences dialog box.
- VWR-5929: Some UI translation texts are ignored because of missing names in XUI files
- VWR-6386, VWR- 6384, VWR-6385: Clean up duplicate and malformed sibling names in en-us xml
- Primary clicks toggle flycam with Mighty Mouse
- Logging In screen’s Quit button does not exit
- crash on LLUIImageList::onUIImageLoaded
- crash on LLViewerJointMesh::updateFaceData
- Person to Person voice calls UI, volume slider overlaps end call button
- Window opens large, then small, then large on startup
- (potential fix) Runtime Library error after quitting SL
- Restored some missing textures
Open Source changes:
- Added 3DConnexion library export
- Updated llkdu.dll for 1.20 OSS export
Thanks for your feedback and please continue to report any new issues in the Issue Tracker. Be sure to set “Affects Version/s” to “1.20 Release Candidate“. Resident participation is always welcome at our weekly (Wednesdays @ 3pm PST time) inworld bug triages, too!