So, yesterday’s office hours were attended by over 100 Residents! This marathon session lasted nearly 4 Hours and was a great chance to speak with many of you. I want to run over some of the issues discussed and provide you all with the transcript…
For starters, if you click on the image below you’ll see the general agenda we followed:
We began with a breakdown of some of the key issues and facts we want you to know. Thankfully, one of the biggest points- Graphics Preferences and how to effectively use them -is covered in GREAT DETAIL in Torley’s video tutorial this week. Thanks Torley!
I then opened the floor to questions- I think we answered over 60!
Most centered around several key topics:
- How Is Old Hardware Affected by WindLight?
- Memory Leaks
- Skirts disappearing
- New Features
- Avatar Impostors/Quality
- Open Source Code
It is interesting to note that, even though the scale of this meeting was much larger than our previous office hours, the questions were still nearly identical – obviously means these issues are important to you. (And yes, we’re now in a stability development phase- which means we know it and we’re heeding it!) Thankfully though, gone were all the questions of when Glow will be scriptable – all thanks to 1.20 RC 😉
However, because the issues are well known and we addressed them from every possible angle in these hours, I’ve decided to NOT hold these again at different times. Before you attack this notion, these are the reasons:
- These 4 hours, combined with our previous hours, have shown that the topics are really limited to about 6 core issues. 99% of our questions are repetitions, and we’ve answered them many times.
- As a result, please see the transcript below. It will undoubtedly cover your interest points.
- The Residents in attendance were extremely well behaved, but, nonetheless, it was a strain to keep such large office hours going – chat was delayed with so many Residents and, as we didn’t want to ignore anyone, we processed a LOT of questions (and many duplicates).
So, moral of the story is- we’ve heard pretty much everything from every angle at this point- some questions have solutions (see transcripts), some questions don’t (ditto), and some just really let us know how painful the stability issues are to you (ditto thricely 🙂 )
You’ll notice there are two main communication directions in here:
- Problems you’re having where we communicate to you how to solve them
- Problems and trends you’re seeing where you communicate to us how we need to shape up
So the responsibility on our end is to LISTEN UP, and on your end to read the transcript, watch the tutorials, and read the knowledgebase. Either your problem has a solution, or we’ll eventually get to it, I promise!
And so, without further ado:
Thanks to all the Residents who attended these, and to my fellow Lindens BigPapi, Runitai, Zen, and Brad for helping out with this!