[Completed 4:30 p.m. PST – Kate] Operations has concluded changes and restoration of group and profile services. Please clear group cache via the debug/Advanced menu or relog to have group and profile services restored.
As part of a plan to increase overall stability of the grid today during peak usage hours, our operations team will make some changes at approximately 1:00pm Pacific which will reduce overall database load and create a more reliable experience for everyone. As a side effect of these temporary changes, some group and avatar profile services will not be available.
- Avatar profile information will not be transmitted to the viewer. This affects both floating and embedded profile windows.
- General group information (name, charter, etc.) will not display
in floating or group embedded group info windows.
- Groups will not show their member lists.
- Group owners and officers will not be able to eject group members.
- Group proposals will open the UI, but will fail to create.
- About Land will show 0 for traffic. (Please note: this is temporary, and impacts only the display of traffic, not the recording of it.)
Please note that all of these effects are temporary and will return to normal behavior when we re-enable these services later today.
We will update this blog post to indicate when these services are re-enabled.
Over the next week or two, we will be making some changes to the database cluster that we believe will significantly reduce the effects of peak loading that many of you have experienced over the past several weeks. The mitigating measure we’re taking above is something we will only use until those permanent changes are in place.
Thanks for your patience as we work to improve the Second Life experience..