As a reminder: Release Candidate viewers are optional updates that contain the latest round of bug fixes and/or soon-to-be-released new features. Please visit the test software page to download the Second Life 1.19.1 (RC2) Release Candidate viewer only if you’re interested in helping us test these optional viewers. Source code will be available for download soon.
Changes and fixes in 1.19.1 RC2:
- VWR-5372 Specific Search (People, Places, etc) queries are modified and words less then 3 characters are removed. Now allow searches for resident names of 2 characters, and place/group names containing 1 char words.
- VWR-5517: Search failure dialog doesn’t fill in [FINAL SEARCH].
- VWR-2628: Fix for crash in operator*(LLVector3 const&, LLQuaternion const&) / LL …
- VWR-2682: Possible crash fix when accessing dead cubemap
- VWR-1852: Edit Manipulators have Wrong Orientation with Local Ruler Mode on Linked Objects
- VWR-4963: Group archive freezes viewer
- VWR-5499: Fix for Crash on Mac when looking with option-E
- Fix for crash in LLViewerPartGroup::updateParticles
- Updated help text for llGiveInventoryList.
- Notecards crash users when passed from person to person
- Add “getting data” progress display to buy currency dialog.
- Raw SVG doesn’t render correctly on a parcel media prim
- First use media present enabling dialog doesnt show
- Feature table and gpu table changes to help with lenovo.
- Open in My Web Browser” doesn’t work if the page failed to load
- About land > Access doesnt look correct at the minimum window size
- Crash: linux regression – ‘Error parsing skeleton XML file’
- Notecards/Texture windows don’t open completely when opened from inventory
- SL Viewer’s Client Memory Tool is missing
- Fix for terrain culling to patch 1.19.0
- Fix for Crash in VLLVolume::unref
- Fix for Crash in LLVertexBuffer::destroyGLBuffer
- Fix for white areas on lenovo with ATI FireGL 5200
- Unauthorized users could gain access to an SL account after a real user had uninstalled.
- Mac autoupdater was failing. Now uses /tmp instead of asking the OS for what tmpdir to use.
- floater_media_browser.xml was not getting localized
- Out of date Portuguese localization files wound cause a crash; removed.
Open Source fixes:
- VWR-5519 – Errors in lltimer.h while compiling llmediaimplquicktime
- VWR-5323 – Probable fixes for gcc-4.1 problems.
- VWR-5515 – OpenSSL required on MS Windows now
- VWR-5460: llmozlib2 is missing from 188.8.131.52 source distribution (Macintosh library bundle)
- “Out of Memory error” on Windows after teleporting to multiple locations in a row
- If this issue is too bothersome, please use RC1 so you can continue to provide feedback on 1.19.1.
- Inventory fetch from server times out on Linux 1.19.1 (RC1) and 1.19.1 (RC2)
NOTE: We’re continuing to keep a close eye on issues reported in the public Issue Tracker and are planning on an RC3 next week.
Please continue to report any new issues in the Issue Tracker and be sure to set “Affects Version/s” to “1.19.1 Release Candidate“. Resident participation is always welcome at our weekly (Wednesdays @ 3pm PST time) inworld bug triages, too!