Friendly greetings! In Second Life and other places, I often hear this:
- “I like your Video Tutorials but some are too long.”
- “Can you cover more simple stuff? I’m new to Second Life/want to help someone who’s new!”
- “I enjoyed your last tip, but you didn’t mention this…”
YES! I AGREE! I’m more of an AND person than an OR person, so I’ve combined the three into a tasty stew…
Introducing Second Life QUICKTIPS! Micro Video Tutorials with macro loveliness, giving you the info you want + need in 2 minutes or less!
Here’s a taste:
And here they are, in order of creation — click to watch:
- What is a prim?
- What does “rez” mean?
- Using your mouse’s scroll wheel
- Toggling Property Lines
- Organizing windows & menus
- Chat bar shortcuts
- Linking prims
- Opening edit tools
- Wearing attachments
- Editing attachments
- Opening the debug menus
- Advanced movement controls
- Zoom In & Out
DOWNLOAD HIGH-QUALITY VERSIONS (plays on video iPod!)
Like a Choose Your Own Adventure book with multiple happy endings, tell me in the comments what you’d like to see next!
And remember, you can subscribe to our podcast to be notified of new vidtuts!
likes you to have a lovely day!
P.S. This will not be replacing the regular “Tip of the Week” series (yup, one coming tomorrow), but serve as an additional supplement to it, meaning: you get more video tutorials for free, RICH IN WIN!