After spending several weeks in Release Candidate status, the Second Life 1.19.0 Viewer is now available for download as the primary viewer from the Community: Downloads page. Many thanks to all of you who helped us find and fix issues along the way!
The Second Life 1.19.0 Viewer contains some important new features, changes and a ton of bug fixes. This release also addresses the QuickTime security issue identified back in December and updates the required version of QuickTime to 7.4. Read on!
New features and changes:
- Voice Chat is now enabled by default to allow Residents to hear other Residents.
- A microphone is required to speak to other Residents.
- Push-to-Talk is the default mode for transmitting voice.
- Push-to-Talk is on by default. This means Resident mics are off by default.
- These settings can be modified via the Voice Chat tab of the Preferences dialog.
- Age Verification:
- The user interface for parcel and estate access has been clarified and improved.
- Added the ability to restrict access to parcels and estates to age verified adults.
- Removed the ability to *ban* access to Residents who have provided payment info or who have used payment info. We continue to support the ability to *allow* access to only those who have provided payment info.
- Crash Reporter
- The crash reporting mechanism has been improved. Following a crash, more useful information will be sent and reports should now take less than 10 seconds.
- VWR-210: Voice Support on Linux
- This is experimental, see README-linux-voice.txt for more information or discuss it in the Linux Client Testers forum
- Other changes:
- Change alert message that pops up when you set Busy
- Add “Teleporting from SLURL to SLURL” to the chat history to provide simple “back” links
- Print the name of the missing gesture in the error message
- Remove “New Account…” and “Preferences” buttons from login screen for 1.19.0