Don’t forget that Release Candidate viewers are optional updates that contain the latest round of bug fixes and/or soon-to-be-released new features. Please visit the test software page to download the Second Life 1.19.0 (RC1) Release Candidate viewer. Source code will be available for download shortly, too.
Changes since 1.19.0 RC1 follow…
Release Notes for Second Life 1.19.0(2) February 13th, 2008
* Preferences window docks at an offscreen position and cannot be moved vertically
* Communicate window has low framerate for group ims.
* Viewer freeze and delay in opening map
* Visible flashing of prim highlights when editing
* VWR-4519: Parcel audio play setting is not remembered when crossing over a parcel with no media
* Login Page > SL Release link overlaps Quit when viewer resized
* Redocking the Contact list causes the communicate UI to get ugly
* VWR-4574: Clicking on gestures button moves open windows
* VWR-4526: Pressing escape does not cause the chat history or inventory windows to lose focus
* Toggling voice causes layout problems in toolbar
* Problems loading certain settings files
* Deutsch “System Default” is translated as “System Error” in language preferences
* Viewer crash just after login
* VWR-4157: Linux compile issue with g++ 4
* Debug settings overrides do not work for booleans.
* reverted floater_test.xml to empty floater.
NOTE: The following issue was marked as “fixed” in the release notes bundled with the viewer, but it turns out that the fix requires more work.
* VWR-4522: Alt and left/right arrow keys dont move you between tabs
Please continue to report any new issues in the Issue Tracker and be sure to set “Affects Version/s” to “1.19.0 Release Candidate“. Your participation is welcome at our weekly (Wednesdays @ 3pm PST time) inworld bug triages, too!