Hey all. New WindLight update with lots of tasty fixes! But before diving in, if you have an ATI card be sure to get the latest drivers.
Get the WindLight lighting calculations to NOT wash everything out
* VWR-3123: WindLight: Avatars with attachments at higher altitudes sometimes aren’t rendered
* VWR-3101: Alpha textures are opaque at a distance and the transition is ugly and unreliable
* Crash when popping up Havok 4 Het-Grid notification floater.
* ATI 8.1 Drivers fail to link many of our glsl shaders
* VWR-4337: WindLight: Fallback shiny is partially invisible
* VWR-4337: WindLight: Invisible prims appearing opaque at a distance
* Avatars are rendered in wrong region for a frame after crossing region boundary
* VWR-3160: WindLight: OS X 10.5 (Leopard) has poor performance and multitexturing problems with shaders enabled
* VWR-3373: WindLight: Daylight settings in Estate tools missing
* VWR-3529: WindLight: Saving snapshots to disk crashes viewer
* VWR-3172: WindLight: Property lines aren’t visible in shader water
* VWR-3268: WindLight: Ctrl-Alt-E (or AltGr-E) for opening Environment Editor makes typing ?-character impossible
* VWR-3984: WindLight: Certain snapshot options incorrectly capture a part of the screen
* bump map breaks when terrain is not visible.
* VWR-3124: WindLight: Glow not working on some ATI 2xxx graphics cards
* Setting Graphics Performance to Ultra immediately crashes viewer to desktop
* WindLight on Macs have lackluster frame rates
* Snapshot UI improvement
We were able to solve a lot of the ATI shader problems that existed, but in order to really take advantage of these fixes, we implore you to get the latest Catalyst drivers for your card.
In other news, this release includes most of the changes from the new 1.19.0 Release Candidate, including old-school login auth. With most of the login issues resolved, we should be able to get much better crash and performance stats with this new First Look. We’re getting very close to merging into RC, and are hoping to use better crash statistics to drive the crash rate far below where it currently stands.
Other than that, for those who are interested, you can see the full list of open WindLight bugs. Keep on using, issue tracking/reporting, commenting on the viewer, and especially attending our WindLight office hours. These are at:
- Brampton Linden Stage: 106/166/25
- Tuesdays 8:00am – 9:00am PDT (ongoing)
- Thursdays 1:00pm- 2:00pm PDT (ongoing)
If you miss a session, transcripts are posted here.
Below you’ll find links to important info related to WindLight:
Pastrami Linden and the WindLight Team