Second Life 1.18.6 Viewer Release Candidate (RC2) is now available for download. Please go to the test software page to download and try these pre-production viewers. (Note: This is not an update to the WindLight First Look viewer.)
This update (RC2) includes a check to determine the installed version of QuickTime on your system. If the latest version of QuickTime — which addresses the RTSP exploit — is not found, QuickTime is disabled in the Second Life viewer. Please see Joe Linden’s blog post for further information.
We’re continuing to investigate and fix issues related to our new login screen/authentication. Please be sure to report issues that you find and/or add comments to existing issues in the Issue Tracker.
We are also working hard at addressing age verification issues. One recent fix to (correctly) allow age verified Residents to access land requiring age verification will require a rolling restart. Stay tuned, but we are currently planning this for next week. Be sure to watch the blog!
REMINDER: Release Candidates (RC) are intended for evaluation purposes. Please try them out only if you want to participate in the bug reporting process and identify issues before these become the default viewer. You can have both a Release Candidate and a production viewer installed on your computer at the same time, so if issues are encountered when testing an RC you can switch back to the production viewer.
- VWR-1115: Added preference settings for web browser proxy
- VWR-3741: Added -loginpage option to client to specify the login page
- Reverted bad fix for:
- Connect button does not have focus in HTML login screen
- Disable QuickTime when the installed version is less than version with RTSP exploit
- Menubar doesn’t turn red when connecting to a beta grid
- XML resizing files to accommodate translated strings
- New translated strings for the UI
- Fixed crash in Crash Logger
- VWR-3815: Double-click on login name/password doesn’t select name/password
- VWR-3814: Fix tracking of click-throughs for Classifieds
- VWR-3703: No wind sound
- VWR-3659: Log in screen in 1.18.6 RC(0) displays UI elements that should be viewable only after login
- VWR-1919: Remove texture UUID information from UI unless full-perm
- SVC-1032: Age Verification status shows in profile
- Added support for setting proxy innformation to LLMozLib
- Added support for changing caret color in embedded browser
Source code drop coming soon.
Please continue to report any new issues in the Issue Tracker and be sure to set “Affects Version/s” to “1.18.6 Release Candidate“.
Thank you and happy holidays!