In the spirit of the season, here’s a festive Tip of the Week with practical applications — make a gift box to put gifts in and share with loved ones & friends!
[UPDATE] If the above video doesn’t load, go here!
Never built before? This makes a great 1st project! I cover:
- Making the gift box
- Changing its colors & textures
- Making a note to go inside the box
- Giving the gift (one thing I don’t mention in the video is if you’re near someone inworld, you can drag the gift from your inventory to their avatar or nametag to give it)
- Oh, and if you happen to get a gift box, I also cover how to open the gift 🙂
This video tutorial highlights a combination of skills, and it’s mo’ epic (e.g., longer) than previous TotWs, so you may wanna grab an eggnog and chillax. Related resources:
- Get an example gift box – In case you want it!
- Knowledge Base Article of the Week: Undo, or undo not. There is no try. – Jeremy Linden graciously included my video tutorial, which explains how Undo’s quirks can be used to help you build better.
- More video tutorials – Further info re: opening and selling boxes, using the building grid, etc.
- Torley Textures – As shown in the video! I made almost 600 of ’em to share, and you can use them FREELY on stuff you create, sell, and soforth.
O, and in lovely response to each and everyone asking me when I’d be making the Tip of the Week available for both (1) streaming inworld and (2) hifi downloads that are crisper and clearer, I’m “working on it” and promise to announce in a future post when they’re ready.
Also, there likely won’t be a TotW for the next two weeks (vacation!), but I, with my familiar friendliness + smiling surprises, will be back after that… always feel free to send me what you’ve made, I delight in your creativity!
I’ll be throwing snowballs on 2007-12-21 @ 3 PM PST,