Today’s Release Candidate Viewer (188.8.131.52) contains more important bug fixes and new functionality that we welcome your feedback on. As a reminder, Release Candidate viewers are optional updates that contain the latest round of bug fixes and/or soon-to-be-released new features. Please visit the test software page to download the Second Life 1.18.6 (RC0) Release Candidate viewer. Source code will be available for download shortly, too.
- Age Verification (for details on this, please see Robin Linden’s post):
- The user interface for parcel and estate access has been clarified and improved.
- Added the ability to restrict access to parcels and estates to age verified adults.
- Removed the ability to *ban* access to Residents who have provided payment info or who have used payment info. We continue to support the ability to *allow* access to only those who have provided payment info.
- We changed the way viewers login to Second Life. This was developed to support future anti-Fraud efforts. The changes are largely internal — apart from some minor cosmetic differences the behavior of the login screen is unchanged.
- For more information, read our public wiki article
- Crash Reporter
- The crash reporting mechanism has been improved. Following a crash, more useful information will be sent and reports should now take less than 10 seconds.
Bug fixes include:
- VWR-1627: Classified metrics are reset to 0 when the ad is updated
- VWR-1162: Land for sale includes L$1 parcels that are not actually for sale
- VWR-1125: Clicking Title Bar While Mouselook’d Repositions SL
- VWR-2483: the macviewer.xcodeprj file doesn’t create stripped binaries on Deployment or Universal
- VWR-2404: lossless texture compression on small textures not lossless
- VWR-2046: Focus is sent to menu/money/notification window
- Land owners can no longer delete objects belonging to others (but can still return objects)
- Positioning fixes for Japanese IME for fields where only ASCII is allowed
- Ctrl-Shift-W now works even if no windows have focus
- Fixed issue where avatar is stuck falling in place after login
- HTML login screen now functional again on Linux
- Floater sizing behavior corrected when viewer window is made very small
Please continue to report any new issues in the Issue Tracker and be sure to set “Affects Version/s” to “1.18.6 Release Candidate“. Your participation is welcome at our weekly (Wednesdays @ 3pm PST time) inworld bug triages, too!
Thank you for helping improve the viewer and the Second Life experience.