It’s time for the Second Life Winter Holiday Celebration! It kicks off the evening of Friday, December 14, and will close the evening of Friday, January 8. This year, we’re planning some of our traditional events, as well as brewing up a couple of new surprises.
Grid-Wide Snowball Fight
On Friday, 21 December, hunting season lasts all day long. Lindens will be in world here and there throughout the day, strolling about the countryside. (OK, running for their lives.) If you spot one, feel free to start a conversation by lobbing the biggest, slushiest snowball you can find. We’ll also have announced gatherings during the day. (If you’re short on snowballs, we’ll have dispensers with freebie snowball attachments!)
We’d like to build on last year’s theme of offering a central event registry for resident-hosted festival experiences.
We’re registering two types of experiences this year: Events and Venues. Here are the guidelines:
- Events have both a host and a duration. Venues can be un-hosted and enduring, and meant to function as self-guided tours, scenic vistas, places to relax, etc.
- Both must be broadly winter and/or holiday themed.
- Must be non-commercial (although sponsorship signs, kiosks, etc. are OK)
- Must abide by the Community Standards.
- Must occur during the Festival’s duration (14 Dec 07 – 4 Jan 08).
- Must be free of admission and accessible to all.
Within the next few days, we’ll provide details on registering your events and venues. And we’re still cooking up a few wintry goodies of our own.
Please stay tuned for more information!