So. I think you’re really gonna like this one. I mean a lot. You know all that jira reporting we’ve asked you to do? You know all those votes you’ve been giving? Well, our cycles of development, QA, and public tracking have synced up, and you’ll find this latest list of bugs squished extra tasty. Have a look!
* VWR-3121: WindLight: Texture Memory slider shows negative values on certain configurations
* VWR-3103: WindLight: Avatar name tags aren’t selectable/clickable
* VWR-3287: WindLight: Tree lighting appears uneven and harsh during certain times
* VWR-3139: WindLight: Shiny is too strong and should be more backward-compatible
* VWR-3130: WINDLIGHT – no interpolation/tweening on llSetPrimitiveParams moving attached objects, possibly unattached as well
* VWR-3258: WindLight: Performance drops and triangle rendering glitches on some ATI cards with VBO on
* VWR-3162 (Believe fixed – please check this one out!): WindLight: Objects, avatars, and water sometimes disappear after zooming camera
* Pop up window for unsupported hardware now comes up
* Sky tessellation (complexity of sky geometry) now editable on a slider in Graphic Preferences
You read right! Better Shiny, fixed trees, potentially big fixes to objects disappearing… This release should usher in the crushing of some of the biggest bugs reported out in the wild. See- we *do* take your suggestions to heart, one bug a time! 🙂 Of important note- PLEASE TEST OUT VWR-3162: WindLight: Objects, avatars, and water sometimes disappear after zooming camera. We’ve think we’ve got it but we need wide testing to ensure it. If you’ve been bitten by this bug in the past, and it’s now fixed for you (or still broken!) report on it here. Many thanks!
As always, keep on doing a great job using, issue tracking/reporting, commenting on the viewer, and especially attending our WindLight office hours. These are at:
- Brampton Linden Stage: 106/166/25
- Tuesdays 8:00am – 9:00am PDT (ongoing)
- Thursdays 1:00pm- 2:00pm PDT (ongoing)
If you miss a session, transcripts are posted here.
Below you’ll find links to important info related to WindLight:
Have a great time lighting your worlds!!
Pastrami Linden and the WindLight Team