FRIENDLY TURKEY AND/OR TOFU TIME! Here it is, just like I promised earlier, quick tips to speed up Second Life on your side. These aren’t all the ways, but in light of recent features we’ve added to heighten your experience, they’re darn worth showcasing!
This video tutorial covers:
- Where to find and use the new Lag Meter
- Statistics Bar basics (how to check viewer framerate)
- WindLight’s quality vs. performance slider
- How to get the most out of Avatar Impostors
To do the “WindLight” stuff featured herein…
A couple things worth noting:
- We’ve been developing the WindLight viewer agilely (everyone loves when bugs get fixed faster) so in the newest update, when Preferences > Graphics tab’s “Custom” is unchecked, all the other sliders & controls get hidden.
It’s our way of reducing distractions & cutting down on clutter, and there’s also a “?” button you can click for help… so don’t be surprised that it looks different from my earlier-recorded vid.
- Rock on Vint Falken, who’s been doing a nice series of WindLight articles, and the newest is a textual guide to the Avatar Impostors settings, a classy complement to my video.
AND WAIT, THERE’S MORE!
I’m giving you 124 sky + 24 water settings for use with the WindLight viewer! These were all used in various snapshots I’ve taken over the last stretch of months,
and now, they can be YOURS, FREE!!!!
Longer-term when WindLight moves to the server-side, we do intend to make skies, water, etc. share-able inventory, but until then, you can trade local files on your hard drive with friends.
Storms pass so we can rock civilization,