We just made Second Life 1.18.5 Viewer Release Candidate (RC1) available on the site. Please go to the test software page to download and try these pre-production viewers.
REMINDER: Release Candidates (RC) are intended for evaluation purposes. Please try them out only if you want to participate in the bug reporting process and identify issues before these become the default viewer. You can have both a Release Candidate and a production viewer installed on your computer at the same time, so if issues are encountered when testing an RC you can switch back to the production viewer.
In addition to the fixes and new features announced as part of Second Life 1.18.5 (RC0), the following updates have been made:
- Search button always enabled in Search All panel
- Empty searches show the classifieds splash page
- Teleport is the first option listed for landmarks in inventory
- You can now uncheck the for-sale check box for certain older objects that are marked for-sale but cannot actually be purchased (due to permissions: owner no-transfer, or for-sale copy but owner no-copy). See VWR-2908.
- Fixed search turning transparent instead of minimizing
- Fixed VWR-3073: Right-clicking someone’s attachments to view profile loads (???) (???) instead
- Fixed VWR-2908: Sale Item Search should not list certain kinds of items.
Please note we are still adjusting how we generate search results. We will be adding a “beta” label to the search page to indicate the results algorithm is not final.
Source code drop coming soon!
Please continue to report any new issues in the Issue Tracker and be sure to set “Affects Version/s” to “1.18.5 Release Candidate“.