Today’s Release Candidate Viewer (1.18.5) contains a few important bug fixes and gives you the opportunity to try out our new and improved Search functionality! As a reminder, Release Candidate viewers are optional updates that contain the latest round of bug fixes and/or soon-to-be-released new features. Please visit the test software page to download the Second Life 1.18.5 (RC0) Release Candidate viewer. Source code is now available for download, too.
Bug fixes include:
- VWR-2959: Windows (Visual Studio) solution file refers to a non-existing project “build_all”
- Korean text display broken on Leopard (Mac OS X 10.5)
- VWR-2030: Avatar only turns half-way in Appearance Mode
- VWR-2803: Lag Meter network ping metric doesn’t account for residents outside the USA
- VWR-2834: Builds fail on 188.8.131.52 with no mozlib
Jeska Linden will follow this post with more details about the progress on Search. Thank you, Jeska!
Please continue to report any new issues in the Issue Tracker and be sure to set “Affects Version/s” to “1.18.5 Release Candidate“. Your participation is welcome at our weekly (Wednesdays @ 3pm PST time) inworld bug triages, too!
Thanks for helping improve the viewer and the Second Life experience.