Hello everyone, I’m Jon Linden and I’m here to destroy Second Life.
Hello everyone, I’m Jon Linden and I’m your Knowledge Base Editor. If you’ve never heard of me, or from me, I don’t blame you; I’ve been working behind the scenes, doing what I can to keep the Knowledge Base and Solution Finder organized, up to date, and accurate.
I’m here today to introduce the first of many Knowledge Base Articles of the Week, and to talk a little bit about the KB article suggestion process (more on that after the cut). The KB Article of the Week, at least in theory, should highlight a topic in the KB that might be helpful or informative to a great many of you.
This week’s KB Article of the Week: How to Mute Another Resident or Object (clicking on the link may route you to the Support portal’s login page, but after you’ve logged in, it’ll bring you right to the article). Is there somebody inworld giving you a hard time over chat or IM, or annoying you with their particles, or talking some nonsense at you in voice? This article tells you how to mute that chump. Or chumps. Or object — did you know you can mute messages and offers of items from objects? You probably did if you’ve already read the article!
The Knowledge Base is a work in progress and can always be improved. You can help me improve it by providing suggestions for new articles (or improvements to existing ones): Submit a ticket of the Knowledge Base Suggestions ticket type with your recommendation.
There are two types of feedback.
The first is the type I’d be glad to hear from you about:
- Articles that contain outdated or incorrect information (please tell me what’s inaccurate)
- Articles that may need more than what’s already in there (please tell me the information you think is missing)
- Articles that don’t exist, but ought to (please give me a topic and a general idea of what you’d like to see covered)
The second is the kind I straight up cannot do anything about:
- Requests for individual help (“I can’t create notecards” or “I lost my dune buggy”)
- Abuse reports (“Bob Avatar is harassing me”)
- Your extremely well-informed and carefully-reasoned opinions regarding the Second Life software or our character as a company (“Feature X is evil and you are all criminals” or “Feature X will bring ruin to Second Life”)
Another way for you to provide feedback of the first kind is to click the Yes or No at the bottom of a particular KB article, then click Comment on this topic. Your feedback will eventually make its way to my eyes. I know that right now there’s text above the comment box that says “Please select “undefined” from the choices listed below to have a representative contact you,” and that the “undefined” choice doesn’t actually exist. That text is basically a mistake, and I’m sorry it’s still in there to mislead you; we’re working with our vendor to get rid of it.
There you go. Thanks for reading, and look for more Knowledge Base Articles of the Week in the future!