After spending several weeks as a Release Candidate viewer, we are pleased to make the Second Life 1.18.3 Viewer available the primary download today. With your help reporting issues in the Issue Tracker and through public bug triages, we were able to find and fix bugs along the way. Thanks to this great participation from Residents, we have a high degree of confidence in the stability of this viewer. Thanks to everyone who took the time to evaluate the Release Candidate viewer!
There are a few known issues that we are working on:
- Sculpted prims with alpha in the sculpted texture are invisible
- The command line option “-drop” does not work on Linux or OSX clients.
- VWR-2268: Role Description causes Apply Changes, Ignore Changes, Cancel alert even if you don’t have rights to change
- VWR-2551: Error in macview.xcodeproj — invalid dependencies
- VWR-2404: lossless texture compression on small textures not lossless
- VWR-2552: Telehub gui very broken in RC
Please continue to report any new issues in the Issue Tracker and be sure to set “Affects Version/s” to 1.18.3.
Keep an eye on the Test Software page as we move on to the next Release Candidate viewer (1.18.4) soon!