In April, Linden Lab announced the launch of the Second Life Speech Gestures Contest. At the time, the Second Life voice feature was available only on the Beta Grid and so participation in the Speech Gestures Contest was limited. Now that we’ve launched the Voice First Look Viewer (download here), we’re re-launching the contest in the hopes that more Residents will not only be able to access the voice feature, but will also approach the customizable speech gestures that the voice offering provides with renewed interest.
More Information about Speech Gestures
The default speech gestures are randomly selected from nine different animations based on the intensity of your voice. To receive a set of these default gestures, please visit Iridium Linden’s office on MG (Beaumont 107, 151, 55) and TG (Dougall 148, 52, 31) and click on the Speech Gestures kiosk.
1) There are three gesture “sets” of three gestures each (that’s 3×3) for low, medium, and high speech intensity levels.
2) To enable speech gestures, simply drag the folder labeled “Default Speech Gestures” from your Inventory onto your avatar.
3) To disable Speech Gestures, right click the folder and select “Take Off Items.”
To provide time for judging, please submit all gestures to Iridium Linden no later than 5pm PDT on July 1, 2007. Please label them clearly with your name before dropping them into my inventory, and thanks in advance for your participation! Gestures will be judged on creativity, originality and visual quality by members of the Voice Team.
We will pick and announce the winners of the contest at the Voice Stress Test Extravaganza (date to be announced soon). We will also provide all Voice Stress Test Extravaganza Resident participants with a one-time special package containing a copy of each SLSGC entry. Watch this blog for more information on the Stress Test!
1) All gestures must be PG.
2) Anyone who submits a gesture consents to have that gesture included in a one-time package of Voice Stress Test Extravaganza speech gestures. All gestures will be permissions restricted (no copy and no mod).
3) Before submitting your gestures please name them with your Second Life name and their “level” (low, medium or high).
4) No purchase is necessary to enter and win, and winner does not need to be present to win (although it’ll be more fun that way).
5) Contest void where prohibited. Subject to all international, federal, state and local laws.
6) Prize distribution: Gift will be awarded by Linden Lab via email, in-world or by mail.
7) Any questions related to the rules should be directed to Iridium Linden.
Have questions about the voice offering?