We’ve updated the Beta Test Grid to Second Life 1.17.0(9). Please come check it out!
New viewers will be required, and the viewers come in two flavors:
- Regular Beta viewers, which represent what will be released as 1.17.0 (Windows/Macintosh/Linux)
- Voice Beta viewers, for the ongoing Voice Chat beta testing (Windows/Macintosh)
The changes are primarily bug fixes, including some much anticipated memory usage fixes.
Release notes with changes from the last Beta Test Grid update follow…
Release Notes for Second Life 1.17.0(9) June 7, 2007
* Notecards no longer display the keep and discard buttons for the owner of the notecard.
* Preliminary support added to the Windows installer for selecting a language
* Fixed VWR-966: Minor memory leak in llfloaterpreferences.cpp and a tiny leak in llstatup.cpp
* Fixed VWR-908: Various memory leaks in the group dialog
* Fixed VWR-871: More bad f00d: Two minor (or inconsequential) misses of initializing object members
* Fixed VWR-869: Possible hard-loop (endless, viewer-hang) in script editor
* Fixed VWR-827: Toruses are borked after making/editing sculpted prims
* Fixed VWR-822: “Create new…” clothing buttons don’t auto-wear items
* Fixed VWR-648: Texture picker should highlight the texture in the swatch
* Fixed VWR-364: Viewer memory leak
* Fixed group messages now allow the use of UTF8 characters
* Fixed “Show Owners” from automatically turning on again
* Fixed an issue with release controls when an object is taken and rerezed.