NOTE: The name of the executable in the last release was inadvertently set to SecondLifePreveiw.exe, which caused some residents with copied shortcuts to run the old version. This is fixed and the executable is again SecondLifeFirstLook.exe. We strongly suggest that you uninstall any existing Second Life (FIRSTLOOK) before installing this version, and delete any remaining shortcuts.
Also, we added some release notes that we missed regarding some (very) old particle systems.
A few people have noticed a flashing “rainbow” effect with full bright images on some cards. So far we have found that updating to the latest drivers has fixed the problem. If you have the latest drivers and still have this bug, please post here (and of course please provide your hardware specs). NOTE: For practical reasons, it is not possible for us to support anything but the latest available drivers for a given video card.
Release Notes for Second Life 1.13.3(58603) March 1, 2007
(Note: this change was introduced several versions ago be we forgot to put this in the release notes)
* The following 4 particle commands have been deprecated for some time, and no longer work:
** llMakeExplosion http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlMakeExplosion
** llMakeFire http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlMakeFire
** llMakeFountain http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlMakeFountain
** llMakeSmoke http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlMakeSmoke
** Please use llParticleSystem (http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlParticleSystem) instead.
* Set the executable name back to SecondLifeFirstLook.exe (1.13.3(58537) inadvertently set it to SecondLifePreveiw.exe
* Fixed a bug with image requests, should reduce the latency when loading uncached images
* Rediced frame rate spikes when spinning.
* Fixed bad normals on tapered geometry.
* Fix for bump maps not taking effect immediately.
* Fix for animated texture coordinates not resetting when animation stops (slingo bug).