First Look 18.104.22.168390 is now available for download.
Well, we clearly didn’t get First Look: Render Pipeline Improvements out this week, despite our best efforts. We have been focused on bug fixing and this version should address many of the bugs that have been a cause of concern.
This includes a fix that should improve performance with Norton AntiVirus software. You may still experience delays with texture loads unless you exclude the cache directory from your Anti Virus scans, however there should be minimal effect on framerate.
We fixed some issues with VBO support on Intel graphics hardware, hopefully this will reduce crashes on Intel cards significantly.
Once again, thank you for all of the feedback, we will continue to read it and work to improve Second Life.
Release Notes for Second Life 1.13.3(58390) February 23, 2007
* Fix for HUD objects being invisible on attach
* Fix for HUD objects not repositioning
* Fix for attachments getting left behind
* Fix for flexible objects not updating on modification.
* Fix for slow scrolling textures and tiny prims being invisible.
* Fix for not being able to change viewer language in firstlook
* Fix for Viewer crash when switching between full screen and windowes with multiple threads
* Fix for additional texture bandwidth usage in First look
* Fix for low detail terrain textures failing to load
* Fix for picking through transparent objects.
* Fix for Lighting turning bright orange or red intermittantly in rendering pipeline focus preview.
* Fix for dismissing one blue dialogs dismisses all blue dialogs
* Fix for Avatar not changing anmations while editing an attached object
* Fix for Object counts in About Land change when floater loses focus
* Fix for clicking a menu a second time not closing it
* Fix for First Look viewer interacting poorly with Norton Antivirus (Note: Unless you tell Norton Anti Virus to exclude the Second Life cache directory, it will delay texture loading, but should no longer affect frame rate)
* Fix for crash on 945G when editing objects.