Around 2 PM PST I deployed a change to our inbound email processing system to reduce database load. It broke delivery of outside email to scripts. Email would be silently dropped without a bounce message. Email sent from one scripted object to another should not have been affected. I fixed the problem around 8 PM PST. I’m sorry if I broke your scripts.
The problem was an error in our “mailglue” script that links email from sources outside the Second Life Grid to in-world scripts. It is not related to the postfix configuration problem yesterday. Frankly, it got lost in the shuffle of our network outage earlier today.
Also, you may notice that the reply address for offline IM to email has changed. This is expected – details are in last month’s blog post IM to e-mail return addresses changing. This change allows us to significantly reduce the database load related to IM processing.
Thanks for your patience as we work to improve Second Life’s performance. Thanks also to Temporal Mitra and the folks at rpgstats.com for their help in diagnosing this.