… not necessarily an extreme one, but as mentioned previously, we’ve rolled out a new design for the Official Linden Blog that we hope will make it more visually appealing and easy-to-use for you. The current layout now has not just one, but two sidebars — to better balance out important notices such as Grid Status Updates with the usual categorization.
Big thanx to Jose and Cornelius Linden for making this happen, in conjunction with Andy and the folk @ WordPress.com.
BEFORE & AFTER…
In addition, there are further usability touches, such as:
- improved delineation of posts in the middle
- added #s to blog comments
- using icons for Support help, Blog Guidelines, and subscribing by email
- preview images when you hover over an external link like this.
- responding to feedback, we’ve kept the text size larger
Overall, this design fits more comfortably into the whole of SecondLife.com, including the fixed-width design, which is also consistent with the rest of our site. Another good reason? Readability. Think of books and newspaper columns.
This is yet another step in a journey of blog improvements, done with the purpose of helping us communicate with you. Please feel free to leave your eclectic ideas for future improvement in the comments! Thank you graciously.