There has been some … dissatisfaction … with the current behavior (since 1.12) of parcel management on private estates. In one of the upcoming releases this behavior is going to change for parcel subdividing and joining.
The Estate / Region tools will get a new checkbox for ‘Allow parcel join and subdivide’. The default for this option will be enabled.
* All parcel owners will be able to subdivide and join the land that they own.
* If the land is group owned, then those group members with the appropriate group powers will be able to join and subdivide the land.
* Estate owners and managers will not be able to subdivide any land they do not own or have the appropriate group powers for.
* Only Estate Owners and Managers will be able to subdivide or join land parcels
* They will only be able to do so for:
** Land owned by the Estate owner OR
** Land the person performing the action owns OR
** Land the person performing the action has the appropriate group powers for.
(To be clear, in the preceding two lines ‘the person’ must be the estate owner or an estate manager)
I don’t think this addresses all concerns, in particular I don’t know anything about the status of allowing non-premium residents to lease land on private estates or anything related to the finder. However this should I believe help some with the particular issues of managing the parceling of private estates.
If you have questions, concerns or comments feel free to leave them here (although they may not appear immediately) or email me directly – firstname.lastname@example.org.